Friday, November 24, 2017

you better you better you bet

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm typing this on my phone and should have gone to bed 2 hours ago, but we had a really good Thanksgiving. I made it out of my apartment alive this morning despite seeing the guy with dementia in the parking lot (the same one who hit a car last week - exciting!). But the rest of the morning was pretty low-key - I made scrambled eggs for [censored] and Drewbaby, and then we loaded up our cars and headed south.

Aunt Becky made a veritable feast - turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, layered lettuce, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, etc, etc. We say around and snacked while that was all coming together (well, we didn't all sit around - Aunt Kathy was actually helping). Uncle Brian's daughter Rachael and her family joined us, so we had a really nice dinner....

... Then, I called my parents, took a very brief nap while everyone else talked around me, and then we played games for like eight hours. We played a lot of some dice game, and then some word games, and then a lot of cards against humanity. There was also a lot of varieties of alcohol flowing, so I'll probably have a hangover... But I got to eat some of the delicious A&E french onion dip that [censored] brought me, so all is right with the world.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: