Wednesday, November 22, 2017

honey, i'm good

I probably should have gone to bed two hours ago, but no rest for the wicked. I did, however, rest this morning (albeit fitfully) - since I didn't go to bed until after one a.m. last night, I let myself sleep until 8:30. However, I'm realizing that I don't sleep all that well when I stay up late answering emails forever, so my sleep was a little disrupted - but I got up, showered, dressed myself, drank some coffee, and took my first meeting from home so that I didn't feel too rushed.

I probably would have worked from home all day, but I had no food in the house beyond a single egg and a can of tuna, so I went to the office and let them feed me. I had meetings straight through until almost six p.m., and then I stopped at Whole Foods to rectify the grocery situation. When I got home, I ate some peanut butter and toast (v. exciting, actually, since I bought peanut butter for the first time since moving in), sent a few work emails, and then tried to organize all my clothes.

Sometime after ten p.m., though, I had to stop - [censored] arrived, fresh from [censored] (although he perhaps didn't feel that fresh, since it was an eleven hour trip from [censored]). He brought me three containers of [censored], which was a super thoughtful gift, and also a sack full of [censored] that has accumulated at home over the past few months. So, we sat on my couch and caught up for awhile, which was delightful - but he could no longer bear the pain in his [censored] after the drive, and we both needed to sleep. So, it's bedtime - goodnight!

No comments: