Sunday, November 12, 2017

i may be crazy don't mind me

Y'know, it's pretty nice to have a home. Perhaps the newness will wear off and I'll start itching for the open road again, but at the moment, homes feel pretty great.

I woke up this morning after getting less sleep than I wanted and more sleep than I'd had in awhile. I could have happily stayed in bed all day, but I wanted to make at least some attempt to start unpacking - home will be even better if it's organized. I spent most of the day focused on making progress in my office - I figured out how to arrange the furniture, and I dusted everything, and then I started unpacking the 15+ boxes of books that had sat in storage awaiting my return. Of course, I'm not done, but I made a good start, and I'm hoping I can make even more progress tomorrow.

However, I took a break around four (after some guy installed the blind to my patio - my landlord had sent him, and it was the last remodel-related task he had to take care of, so everything's in good shape). I had to pick up a package at my office, and I bought some groceries so I could cook dinner. When I got back, I spent some more time unpacking, but then I made spaghetti carbonara - and it was really fucking delicious, if I do say so myself.

Then I told myself I could watch one episode of Project Runway before getting back to unpacking. I stuck to my limit...but then I spent the past three hours looking at and eventually ordering some stuff online. Most of it came from Wayfair, which has some pretty delightful deals - I got a new rug for my living room, since I wanted to swap out my old Adit-inherited rug (which may serve as a rug pad for this rug, since I don't want to get rid of it but have nowhere to store it), and I also wanted to get a couple of end tables for my living room. I'm trying to thread the needle between my conflicting style interests (urban industrial, rustic farmhouse, hollywood regency glam), so we'll see if I succeed in putting together something cool or instead create something totally schizophrenic.

I also ordered a humidifier for my bedroom (crucial in Colorado - if I like it, I'll probably order two more) and a duvet insert for my guest bed (which isn't here yet, but I have hopes that the bed and the comforter will arrive before Drewbaby or [censored] want to sleep on it]. And I booked a hotel for my December trip to SF - although it turns out I now have another December trip, but that one is basically two nights and one day. Yes, that means I'm going back to California three times in the next five weeks. But I've got the next two full weeks in Colorado, so I want to make the most of them.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: