Thursday, November 16, 2017

now that i'm not the fire in the cold

#sorrynotsorry for not blogging last night - I woke up in a bad mood and stayed there the whole day, exacerbated by getting worked up to a totally unnecessary degree about cupcakes (yes, it's possible to get really angry about free food - but it was the principle of the thing, I promise). So I spent last night cooking a lot (chicken tortilla soup and also a whole bunch of tomato sauce to put in the freezer), which helped me to feel better, and then I watched two episodes of Project Runway and went to bed.

Today got off to a better start - but I had meetings allll day, which was too much. When I left, I spent some quality time in the parking lot talking to my parents, and then I went to Target to get some home goods (one of which was supposed to be a vacuum, but I showroomed them and then ordered one on Amazon to get delivered Friday). Then I came home, ate some leftover soup (so yummy), and spent three hours doing serious house stuff - organizing, unpacking, setting up my humidifier, scrubbing my kitchen floor, two loads of laundry, etc., etc.

But I stopped an hour or so ago and spend the last hour taking a break of sorts - maybe 11pm to midnight isn't a great break, but I had a glass of wine, put a moisturizing mask on my face, and caught up on my favorite Duchess of Cambridge style blog, so that was more of a break than I've had in awhile. I'm been going a little too hard on work stuff the past few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to taking Thanksgiving weekend off - but there's a lot of stuff to get through before then.

And now I should probably sleep - goodnight!

No comments: