Sunday, November 05, 2017

my name is slim shady

If I were to give in to my meditative internal state and live solely in the present, I would be asleep instead of writing this. Luckily, the time changes tonight - but since the time has changed for me on the majority of the nights in the last week, that isn't really all that exciting.


sssanyway. Today was all about indulging (#treatyoself). I got a surprising amount of sleep, although it wasn't enough to cure my jetlag. Then I had lunch (brunch, lunch, whatever) at my favorite cafe - Tony was in good form, and my huevos woke me up while the conversation made my heart happy.

Then, I went to Senspa - I was in dire need (@firstworldproblem, shut up) of a massage, so I headed out there to get some relaxation done. The massage was totally perfect, and I napped for at least half an hour after, which was pretty great.

Then, I took a quick shower and took a lyft to Lauren's (aka Subz's) - she had a baby (a real, live baby!) two weeks ago, and I wanted to say hi to the baby (but mostly to the mother). Then I came back to my hotel (after digging through the wine stash I left at Lauren's house), changed, and went out to the outer outer outer Sunset, where I hung out with Veronica and Adam and their dog and cat for quite some time. It all worked out - the conversation (and the margaritas, and the Grgich cabernet) was flowing, and I could have easily had another ten pages if I needed to sum this up more quickly.

[editor's note: I then went to Octavia with Veronica for a late dinner, but I fell asleep while finishing this entry, so I'll tell you about it tomorrow]

And now, really, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: