Monday, January 28, 2008

i will move away from here - you won't be afraid of fear

I'm now 20% closer to being unemployed than I was yesterday at this time - which means that I've completed Day 1 of my last week in the office. I ran into my vice president today, who accused me of looking entirely too happy - he must have caught me in one of my happy peaks in the rapidly-oscillating emotional state that I'm experience, since half the time I just felt like crying. It's going to be really hard to leave on Friday, even though I'm undeniably excited - but I've said this all before, so I'll spare you.

I had meetings all day, although one 'meeting' was a ninety-minute lunch with Gyre. We went to our favorite cafe early, which meant that we were able to get a good table, and I had a delicious tuna melt and a bowl of chili, with a mint-chocolate-chip milkshake afterward for dessert. It's no wonder I've gained five pounds in the past couple of months from stress eating - between the holidays and the endless free food (and endless going-away lunches), this place is a stress-eater's nightmare. I'm definitely going to start eating healthier as soon as I'm done - although the first week is going to involve an attempt at 'purifying' my system with a lot of vodka, which should be fun. Anyway, Gyre and I picked up a webcam for my laptop so that I can vc in to the office for fun things like chatting to him on his birthday. If that isn't a misappropriation of company equipment, I don't know what is - although I'll return it with the laptop if I don't come back to work.

I left the office a little after 5pm (shocking!), came home, and welcomed Vidius Chandicus to my humble abode. I made her some chocolate chip chewies, and some home fries and poached eggs - the potatoes didn't turn out as well as I had wanted them too, and it was too soon to make poached eggs after the delectable brunch that I had yesterday, but it was okay. It was quite lovely to see Vidya - it had been way too long since we had caught up, and I think we were both in need of some friendship time. It's also too bad that I'm going to be leaving this coast in a month - but I will just have to do a better job of being e-friends with people!

After Vidya left, I cried a little at her absence, and then got back to work; I had some emails and stuff to get through. Now, after having chatted with Vidya online (making fast progress toward being better e-friends), it's time for bed - I have meetings all day tomorrow, which makes me a sad panda. Now, it's time for bed!

No comments: