Saturday, January 12, 2008

we're the blackened lung that's been making you choke

It's been a rather hellish week at work - in fact, someone who was trying to calendar me for lunch (Katrina, a friend of Adit and Sri's, who also works at my place of employment - Vidya, Katrina and I have decided to become friends) said that looking at my calendar 'hurts her eyes'. Things have been so mad because I'm trying to get everything wrapped up and passed off, and now I only have thirteen official days left in the office. I'm excited, but I have a lot of stuff left to do before I leave.

However, this weekend is taking a detour from my original plans. My dad called me yesterday to let me know that Uncle Hobert had passed away. He's actually my great-uncle, but he's also my grandfather's identical twin brother, and so I feel compelled to go to the funeral in person and pay my respects. So, I'm getting on a plane tomorrow morning to fly to Lubbock, TX; I'm flying through Dallas and meeting up with my father, grandmother, brother, aunt, and uncle, and then we are proceeding en masse to Lubbock. The funeral is Monday morning, and then I'm flying back to California Monday night and will be back in the office bright and early on Tuesday.

I'll have my laptop with me, so if you're lucky you'll get some posts out of me over the next couple of days. Right now, though, I need to go to bed so that I can get up tomorrow, finish packing, and head for the airport. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your uncle's passing, and your upcoming trip to west Texas.

Enjoy(?) Lubbock, the second flattest place on earth, and its luxurious international airport. Try to see Buddy Holly's childhood digs, oh wait, that house was demolished; but, a plaque remains on the site. Awesome!!