Wednesday, January 23, 2008

running through my veins - an american masquerade

I'm tired of meetings. This was true several months ago, but it seems particularly cruel to spend so much time in meetings when I only have a few days left - although I suppose it makes sense, since that seems to be the way we communicate around here. I'm particularly guilty of encouraging this, since I'm bad at documenting things - as Ziv and I once discussed, much of the stuff that I've worked on tends to be passed on via oral tradition, almost as though I should take the people I'm training out into the wilderness, build a big fire, and spend several days telling stories and making them go through strange and savage coming-of-age rituals. Luckily I'm passing stuff on to people who like documents much more than I do, and since they're likely to hate the way I've trained them, they're more likely to take the copious notes they've written during this process and turn it into something that they can pass on easily in the future. Good for them!

Tomorrow looks to be particularly annoying - I have an eight a.m. meeting (and by the way, even though I slept 9+ hours last night, I still managed to be late to the eight a.m. I had today), and then I have meetings much of the day, and then I have another meeting from 6:30-7:30pm. Oh, well, I'll survive - I only have seven work days left!

Finally, I watched a couple of Tivo'd episodes of Craig Ferguson tonight. He interviewed Sylvester Stallone earlier this week, and I have to say that it was one of the best interviews I've seen in a v. long time. Sly was surprisingly hysterical - in a genuinely hysterical way, not just the 'I'm laughing at him because he doesn't know how stupid he is' way one might expect. For example, he spent some time discussing how he's been typecast as a big, thuggish idiot - and I actually laughed out loud, quite heartily, when Craig asked him what he's like on the inside, and he immediately responded 'a tiny fairy'. I'm now really tempted to see 'Rambo' - is anyone in?

Okay, time for bed! I hope you are all having lovely Januarys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!! I love seeing his mussles because they are better in Rambo then in the Rocky movies. Plus it has explosions and the scenes that have blood in them are so much better then seeing him get punched in the face.

~Wamp said...

Thank you for reminding me of The Killers, I haven't listened to them for a few months, but I will now!

Anonymous said...

The ring is on the finger.