Tuesday, January 08, 2008

i've been meaning to tell you - i've got this feeling that won't subside

Okay, so I know why I never watch stuff on YouTube - I inevitably end up watching too much stuff, but it's all so tragically awesome that I can't help myself. I originally started because I was looking up Michael Cera (the boy in 'Juno', who is adorable), and then I found a couple of clips of actors who had supposedly been considered for 'Knocked Up'. Then I found a short that Michael Cera was in, in which he played Alexander Hamilton during a retelling of the Alexander Hamilton/Aaron Burr duel by someone who had just drunk a bottle of scotch (entitled 'Drunken History pt. 1'), which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_DsL1x1uY.

Then, I stumbled upon the best thing of all: a montage of various beautiful and touching moments of eye contact and vague homoeroticism between Aragorn and Legolas in 'Lord of the Rings', set to the classic song 'Hungry Eyes'. You, too, can be mesmerized: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbstkXowlAc. I realize that the fact that I just posted a fan-created montage of 'Lord of the Rings' clips places me firmly in the upper echelon of dorks everywhere, an exalted summit to which few women even aspire, much less attain. However, I really couldn't help myself, and I figure that Tammy, at least, will love it even as she begins to write a comment about how crazy and sad my life is.

The rest of my day was pretty much consumed by meetings. I came home, ate the rest of my delicious vegetarian chili (except for the part that I froze yesterday), watched some Tivo'd late night, and then worked the rest of the night. Now, I should really go to bed - I have 7:30am meetings both tomorrow and Wednesday, which is killer. Oh, well, I'm sure I shall survive. Goodnight!

No comments: