Wednesday, January 09, 2008

i look at you and i fantasize

Okay, I just watched that 'Lord of the Rings'/'Hungry Eyes' montage again. I am such a dork.

However, that had to have ranked right up there in terms of best four-minute-stretches today. I actually had a pretty good day - I managed to be active and engaged in all of my meetings today, despite the fact that I have eighteen (now seventeen!) work days left, I caught up with a couple of coworkers I hadn't hung out with in awhile, and I topped it off with dinner with Regina, one of my expat friends. Then I came home and worked for awhile. In fact, it would have all been quite peachy...except for the fact that I had to be in at 7:30am today, and have another meeting at 7:30am tomorrow as well. Ugh. Wish me luck with that - as long as I can get through the next seventeen days without killing someone in a sleep/caffeine-deprived rage, I'll be quite a happy camper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few days ago you said you were looking for a place to live and write. How about Northallerton in the Yorkshire Dales? This is the setting for the All Creatures Great and Small series. Near Scotland, nearby York is a beautiful city and both York and Nortallerton are on the mainline to London with frequent train service.

Anonymous said...

I've got a cozy bungalow in Walcott I'd sublease for the right price.