Wednesday, September 29, 2010

go pick out a white dress

Sometimes my procrastination is really debilitating. Luckily, I'm about to enter a world in which I won't have to do PowerPoint, which is one of my favorite things to try to avoid -- but that doesn't make me feel any better about tonight. I just spent the last couple of hours working on some slides for tomorrow morning's big boss staff meeting -- but rather than do those slides from 7pm to 9pm so that I could write, I moped around on the couch and watched tv until almost ten, thus forcing myself to build slides from 10pm to midnight. Granted, the 7-10 hours are not good for me anyway, since those seem to be my least productive times, but still. At least the slides are done and the light in the powerpoint tunnel is rapidly approaching.

You might ask why I didn't make the slides at work like a normal person, which is a valid question, but for some reason I just had no free time today. I had meetings from 10-11:30, then went over to my old building to have lunch with Meital (Alan's admin) and Natasha, which took longer than planned but exactly as long as desired. I had to cut off lunch so that I could go get a massage (I know, rough), and when I got back to my desk I had to prep for a phone screen for someone to replace me. After that, Adit's friend Vivian was in my building interviewing for roles, so I hung out with her for 45mins, and then it was time to go home.

Sadly, tomorrow doesn't hold much possibility of writing time either; it will be a hard slog all day, and then I have class tomorrow night. But the rest of the week and weekend are looking good, so if I survive the heat and don't stab out my eyes because of powerpoint, I sense some writing in my future.

Now, though, it's time for bed -- goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: -
RescueTime productivity rating: - (global average: 0.88)

No comments: