Sunday, September 05, 2010

i'm not your babe, i'm not your babe, fernando

Today was lovely! I woke up around eight and made Terry some overly-strong coffee while we sat around the living room, and then dropped her off on Stanford campus to pick up her sister's car so that she could go get her hair done. After dropping her off, I came home and spent the usual inordinate amount of time blowdrying my hair, which made it look super spiffy, and then I adjourned to the Starbucks on California Avenue to write. Terry joined me when her hair was done, and we had a delicious lunch at Joanie's Cafe. Then, Terry went off to run some more errands, and I came home to write.

The writing started slow (with a 45-minute nap), but I persevered, and eventually got through the entire scene that I was trying to write. It's a critical scene in which Madeleine's family confronts her about her secret life; it will require some editing, but at least it's all out there now. I'm quite happy with the progress I made, and it's within reach to hit my 12,000 word goal during the three-day weekend, so I need to keep pushing tomorrow and Monday.

Terry came back eventually, and she read and watched sports while I wrote. I felt like a bad hostess, but she claimed that she wanted to relax -- and since I know that she's desperate to reach Madeleine and Ferguson's story, I ultimately just had to trust that she wanted to sacrifice hanging out with me now to get her hands on the book a bit faster. Around seven, her brother Tom came over, and we ordered takeout Indian food (mmm, butter chicken and garlic naan), opened a bottle of sauvignon blanc, and watched several episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". It was a perfect low-key evening, and it was v. nice to see Tom, since I don't see him when Terry's not around. After he left, Terry and I watched an episode of "Bones" (which I detest, of course), and now Terry is sleeping while I watch Craig and finish this blog post.

I believe that we're having brunch tomorrow, and then I'm dropping her off at the airport and enforcing a major slog on the romance novel front. If I don't write at least 4000 words, please shoot me. And now, it's time for bed! [although I just have to add - Craig just said "During the break, I was just thinking -- are we human? or are we dancer?"]

Daily word count: 3196 (159.8% of goal)
Productive time: 3.5hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 1.06 (global average: 0.27)

No comments: