Sunday, September 26, 2010

one man's trash

Today didn't go exactly as I planned, mostly because I needed to judge this contest that I had volunteered to judge for (many local/online chapters of the romance writers group do contests as fundraisers, etc.). I had expected to judge -- but for some reason, I thought that the contest was limited to the first 15 pages of each manuscript, and instead it was the first fifty. Adding a couple of hundred extra pages to what I had to read did not make me happy, and it made me even more unhappy that none of the entries were that great. Sigh.

So I did get up and go to Starbucks this morning, although I ended up not really writing. I came home, had lunch, watched the Stanford/Notre Dame game, and then set about judging. And judging took all night, mostly because I didn't like the entries and so let myself be distracted by watching the reunion episode of 'Top Chef' and the last three episodes of 'Project Runway'. So, I have a lot of writing to do tomorrow to salvage the weekend. But, it's probably a good reminder that when I am writing full-time, I'm going to have to give myself days off; I probably would have been happier today if I had just abandoned all pretenses of productivity entirely and rested up for tomorrow.

And on that note, it's bedtime -- goodnight!

No comments: