Friday, September 10, 2010

when the world ends collect your things, you're coming with me

I didn't accomplish as much as I had intended tonight, starting with the unforgivable fact that I didn't even try to write. I slogged from 8 until 4:30 and got a lot accomplished (with a break to have a long-overdue lunch with Gyre), and then came home with the intention of putting together my patio table. However, as it turns out, I can't find the hardware required to put the table together, and so it's still sitting uselessly in the backyard. Sigh. That means that the people who are coming for dinner tomorrow are going to have to eat indoors, rather than fight the mosquitoes and raccoons as night falls.

I lost steam after that disappointment, although I did cart some of the remaining boxes to the garage with the intention of dealing with them once I have a bit more free time on my hands. Then, I took a nap (yes, I'm old), woke up, and planned what I'm going to make for tomorrow. I invited my oldest college friends over for a lowkey pre-birthday dinner; I can't have a blowout on the actual day of my birthday because Chandlord and I are going to see Craig Ferguson, and I'm trying to preserve Sunday for a write-a-thon, so Friday dinner seemed to be the best option. After much debating, I'm going to attempt to recreate the awesome Greek pasta dish that I had at Cat Cora's restaurant in Orlando; it's always risky to make a brand-new dish for a dinner party, but you only live once, and if they don't like it, I can make some Kraft mac and cheese in about ten minutes. Or, they can try to steal the truffle butter pasta away from Chandlord, since I'm making a non-meat alternative for her. Or, Jack-in-the-Box is down the street. Regardless, it should be fun, so I'm looking forward to it.

I had debated prepping the pasta dish tonight, since I could mix everything up and then just slip it in the oven tomorrow, but it's too late to start cooking. Since I can leave the office around 3pm tomorrow, there's plenty of time to get everything accomplished, so I'm not concerned. I just have to get through some unpleasant tasks at work, and then the weekend can begin in earnest. And on Saturday, I turn 29 (sigh). Birthdays don't seem to be as much fun as you get older, although I did get what I assume is a present from my parents today that I'm saving to open on Saturday, since the present stream has turned into a dry and barren gully as I've aged. And on that self-pitying note, it's time for bed!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: 0.75hrs
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.07 (global average: 0.9)

No comments: