Wednesday, December 14, 2011

you may case the grounds from the cascades to puget sound

I'm flipping exhausted, which is perhaps to be expected considering that I traveled for seven hours today to get back to my apartment. I woke up at 4:45, took a quick shower, grabbed my backpack, drove to the airport, parked in the international terminal, and went to security to check in. Then I grabbed a coffee and some fruit and walked toward my gate -- only to discover that gate 91 is not after gate 90, but rather is in the international terminal instead of the domestic terminal. Blame my sleep-deprived pre-caffeine brain. So I walked back across the entire length of terminal three, through the connector, and into the international terminal (which, observant readers will note, is where I started when I parked my car). I made it just as my flight was starting to board, so it all worked out.

Then I sat on the plane for two hours and wrote several pages, which was great. When I got to my destination (Seattle, which I feel exceedingly guilty about since I have several friends in Seattle whom I've never visited, but I simply didn't have time to take a trip right now, and so doing this round-trip-while-working thing was the only way to get miles), I sat in an airport restaurant and ate a subpar omelet while listening to a woman and her adult son get v. drunk (they were asking for triple shots at 9:30am, which the restaurant wouldn't do), then yell at each other over whether the son had stolen money from her when she couldn't find the cash she thought she had. Bad news bears for them. Then, I got on another plane and came straight back to San Francisco, drove home, and have worked ever since.

I'll admit I wasn't as productive as I could have been this afternoon because I was so tired, but I accomplished a ton today, so that's all good news. And now, I really must sleep; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow, and then I have to pack and keep writing before going to Iowa on Thursday. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a job

Sara said...

@Anonymous: I'm about to cut you from the program.