Monday, December 24, 2012

don't bite the apple, eve

Merry Christmas Eve! Today was lovely, but I should really go to bed if I am to get up early to open presents. It's basically tradition to get up earlier than any other day of the year and groggily stumble around looking for caffeine before it's time to open presents, and I intend to follow through with that tradition tomorrow. To be clear, I'm the only one stumbling around groggily; my parents usually get up before five, so 7:30ish is actually a compromise.

sssanyway, today was great. My sister, her husband, her kids, and my grand-niece came over for Christmas Eve dinner (that's 'lunch' to you coastal fools), and the package opening was rescued by the UPS man, who showed up just as lunch was ending with ten packages that [censored], my father, and I were waiting for. That meant my sister actually got her main gift from me and [censored]; our offerings to her might have looked pretty paltry otherwise. My sister made me some really cute Christmas ornaments and some nice placemats, so that was lovely. And I got to spend some quality time playing with my grand-niece, who is super adorable; she's three and a half, which is a pretty cute age, and she was surprisingly willing to hang out with me given that I see her approximately once every six months.

My sister and the kids left around four, and then the fam spent some time putting the house back together and organizing for tomorrow. I went into town to get a convenience store cappuccino, which is my sad, shameful addiction when I'm back here, and then came home, hung out in the kitchen, and eventually started a game of Rail Baron. We played for three hours, which was just long enough to get all the railroads sold (the point at which shit gets real). A break was necessary at that point, since it was ten p.m., but we'll hopefully get to finish it tomorrow. Then, the parents went to sleep, and [censored] and I [censored] in preparation for [censored]. And now, it's beyond my bedtime - Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

No comments: