Friday, December 07, 2012

where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned

It's 10:45pm on a Friday night, and I am doing exactly what you would expect me to be doing -- going directly to bed. I am totally and completely out of words for tonight, and keep making typos even as I try to write this, so I think it's time to throw in the towel. I was massively productive today, despite spending almost two hours on the phone with various family members discussing Christmas shopping plans. Even with their interference, I edited several chapters (where 'editing' means I slaughtered sentences and reshaped paragraphs, not just corrected typos), then tossed out a whole chapter and rewrote it from the ground up (fifteen new pages! excavated directly from my brain!).

And now, the words have run dry and I need to sleep so I can do this again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: