Sunday, December 02, 2012

underwater sunshine

I was in ultra hermit mode yesterday and today - hence the lack of blogging last night, although I suppose I should blog tonight or I may lose all my loyal readers (aka my mother). At least I left the house yesterday, for a v. quick trip to Safeway during a break in the rain. I didn't step outside the apartment at all today - in fact, I barely stepped outside my bed, since I wrote on my laptop in bed most of the afternoon/evening. But, I'm making good (if tortuous) progress on Nick and Ellie, and I wrote ~15 new pages today to replace a scene I decided to scrap. And I took a break to watch the Stanford/UCLA game yesterday. I almost regretted it, since I hadn't seen a lot of games this year and was worried that I had jinxed them, but luckily my absurd prognostication came to nothing, and Stanford carried the day.

And really, I have nothing else to report. Usually my hermitville is at least punctuated by talking to Terry, but this is not currently the case since she went to LA for the weekend. But I have plans to see people tomorrow (a brunch in the south bay, inconveniently timed to coincide with heavy rains), and then go to my beloved Stanford library and slog like there's no tomorrow, so at least I can move my hermitville to another location. And perhaps if I finish the next draft of the book this week as I plan to, I can be more fun at a not-so-distant date. Goodnight!

No comments: