Friday, December 14, 2012

oh, we're bleeding out

I'm so exhausted. I can't remember the last time I was this exhausted - maybe during my dad's surgery week? So obviously this is way less intense than that, now that I've put it in context, and I feel like a terrible person. sssanyway, I'm still tired enough to complain about the fact that I'm tired. Part of the reason why I'm exhausted is that I barely slept last night; I'm still full of Nick and Ellie adrenaline, I think, and my posture while finishing was so bad that my back and legs and everything else ache like mad, so I had to pop four ibuprofen just to feel human again. I had some stuff to take care of in the glorious south bay today, so I came down around eleven, had lunch, did my tings, picked up my new contacts, got a pearl milk tea (sans pearls) and continued south to Santana Row, where I intended to do some Christmas shopping...

...but I was so tired that I thought I might cry if I couldn't just sit down, so I got an impromptu, v. fancy pedicure instead. That satisfied my need to sit down, and I got a foot massage to help alleviate the fact that I've been wearing heels more often lately. It was the right call, even though I felt a bit lazy; the rest of this weekend is going to be a mad dash to finish everything I need to finish before going to Iowa, so it was nice to have some me-time. Then I met up with Heather (aka dear respected madam) for dinner, where I had a glass of wine that helped to start my cure. Then we came back to her place, where I drank some Bailey's on the rocks, which made everything right again. We also watched "Miss Congeniality" for some reason that still eludes me. And now I must sleep; I have lunch with the big boss tomorrow (provided her admin doesn't cancel on me; we've been trying to have lunch for four months), so I should at least attempt to look respectable. Goodnight!

No comments: