Sunday, December 09, 2012

you gotta get up and try, try, try

I've hit the wall, and hard -- but not as hard as the fools who just moved into my complex are going to hit the wall when they get a raft of complaints to their landlord tomorrow for the party that is still raging tonight. Considering that the people next door to us were very short for this world because their dog peed on one of the community plants and they occasionally slammed doors, these young twenty-somethings are clearly in the wrong complex. And I personally cannot wait to join my octogenarian neighbors in bidding them a swift farewell!

Anyway, today was v. productive, but I managed to squeeze some non-writing stuff into it without feeling like I totally wasted it. I was up and writing by 9:30ish, which is crazy, and continued to slog pretty steadily until early afternoon. I should have gone to my romance writing chapter's holiday party instead, but I am desperate to finish this book, so I skipped it. But in the interest of roommate peace and wellbeing, I kept the plan to go with Terry to get a Christmas tree. Her friend Angela came along, and we went to Fort Mason, where some charity had Christmas trees (precut, an abomination compared to my childhood) set up in one of the pavilions. So we picked the best tree (naturally), got them to net it, and were going to have them put it on top of my car when I realized that it would probably fit inside if I folded the seat down (it did). So we got it home, and I rewarded Terry and Angela by making them eggnog, which I am becoming quite proficient at.

But rather than enjoying my eggnog in a leisurely fashion, I had a couple of sips and then met up with Katrina and Chandlord for a late-afternoon snack. I hadn't seen them in ages (since before Thanksgiving, I believe?), so it was nice to see them, even if I didn't know most of the people they were talking about because I'm so much of a hermit that I haven't met anyone new in ages. I got home around 6:30 and worked straight until 12:30, with a v. brief ten-minute break around ten p.m. to talk to Terry and drink a bit of leftover eggnog in an attempt to fuel the final push of the night.

Now, though, I really need to sleep; I don't think I'm going to finish tomorrow, but I have high hopes for finishing Monday, and a v. long slog is required tomorrow to get me there. Goodnight!

No comments: