Sunday, April 21, 2013

and when the daylight comes i'll have to go

Today was a lovely end to a lovely weekend. I did the one thing I absolutely had to do - I designed a postcard-sized handout to give out at my writing events this summer, containing the covers of all three of my current books + short descriptions of each. I kind of think this kind of printed material is next to useless when it comes to marketing, and the ROI isn't there, but at the same time I need *something* that I can hand out to people when they want to hear about my books. So, I designed it, and ordered it, and all is well with the world.

The rest of the day was kind of a drunken debacle, truth be told. Terry conned me into making Hemingway daiquiris this afternoon, since she had grapefruits that needed to be used, and I ended up making two of them for each of us while we talked about marketing and life. Then, I talked to my parents, who seemed to be in good spirits (or at least were pretending to be) despite not having had as many spirits as I had had. When I hung up, I checked my phone since I'd missed a couple of calls, saw a text from Adit saying 'we're coming over', and immediately heard the downstairs door open and Terry greet someone. This proved to be Adit and Priyanka, who made the bold move of coming over to work without verifying whether I was actually here. But I was here, so we worked and taunted each other for an hour or so...

But I couldn't have dinner with them, since Terry and I already had plans to see Lauren (aka Subz). So, they dropped us off down on Chestnut, which was v. nice of them, and then Terry/Lauren/I had dinner (and I had two glasses of wine to match Lauren, although she hadn't matched me earlier and clearly didn't show up at dinner already two drinks in). Dinner was great, the company was even better, and I felt v. pleased with this last-minute spurt of socializing before the start of my work week (boo). But now, I should sleep if I'm going to get on a shuttle tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: