Sunday, April 07, 2013

this is it, boys, this is war

I wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped today - but that's to be expected, since I needed sleep more than I needed to clear out my inbox (if you've been waiting two months for a reply to my email, you'll have to wait another day :(. Instead, I slept for ten hours, woke up, showered, had breakfast, came home, cleaned my desk, stared at my laptop in an uncomprehending fashion, and then took a nap. By this point, it was sometime around five p.m. Luckily, when I can give in to my semi-nocturnal, five p.m. is when I come alive again. So, I powered through a few emails, then spent several hours dealing with financial tasks. I had never finished organizing and prioritizing my receipts for my CPA, so I did that, which took forever. I also hadn't organized the last several months' worth of payments from my agent and various other bookselling sources, which means I didn't have an exact sense of how many books I've sold or how much money I've made. So, I took care of that as well - I need to come up with a better system, since it's cumbersome to manage three titles across seven sales platforms, but the spreadsheet I've got going is good enough for now.

Everyone else in the city seemed to be watching zee basketball, but I mostly ignored it in favor of listening to Pandora via the tv. However, Terry was out with Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan for the Michigan game, so they came back to our place afterward to eat the pizza they'd asked me to order for them. In other words, I may be a total hermit, but sometimes the party comes to me!

And now, it's bedtime; tomorrow I have high hopes for my inbox (why do I hate email so much?), and I also need to write two guest blog posts and do a myriad of other tasks. So much for the vacation afterglow...goodnight!

No comments: