Sunday, April 07, 2013

no sugar tonight

I've been staring at a screen all day, which is an unwelcome prelude to going to the work week. Vacation is sadly a distant memory - but I did a lot of stuff that has been taunting me on my to-do list, including several highly unpleasant tasks, so at least I feel better about myself even if I'm starting to feel a bit panicked about getting started on Alex and Prudence's story. I slept for ten hours, then ate some leftover pizza and did some foam rolling (I ordered a foam roller on my phone while sitting at a concert/party during my conference last week, because the pain in my back and the ringing in my ears reminded me that I'm getting too old for concerts/parties, and my back/shoulders have generally been a total mess from spending nine hours a day on a computer at work and five hours a day on a computer at home/on the shuttle). After rolling out my back, I walked to the grocery store to get milk and cream for my caffeinated beverages of choice before coming home and working all day/afternoon/evening.

Happily, I plowed through the rest of the stuff necessary to do my taxes, and my CPA immediately sent them back for me to sign so that she can file them (sadly, I owe money, but I guess that's good news since it means I made money on my writing last year! I'll take it!). I also wrote a guest blog post for Tuesday and answered a lot of emails (not every single email across all three accounts that I needed to answer, but I got closer). I need to just start answering emails when I read them on my phone - or, not read them on my phone so that I can read them fresh and reply to them on my computer. Whatever. Since my hatred of email appears to be terminal, I don't hold a lot of hope that I'll get better.

I also talked to my parents, as per usual, and hung out with Terry, who demanded that we have family time. Sadly, her version of family time involves the country music awards and 'Vampire Diaries' rather than Adit's '60 Minutes', but I survived it unscathed (and may have shamefully enjoyed bits of it). And now, I'm going to scribble in my notebook for a few minutes before going to sleep - it's not enough time spent away from a screen, but I suppose it's a start. Goodnight!

No comments: