Friday, April 19, 2013

take a sad song and make it better

Way too tired to blog...or perhaps it's the two glasses of sauvignon blanc that I had at dinner that is making me too tired to blog. Today was good, though; the commute was relatively smooth, and made even better by reading a chapter in which Nelson completely fucked over Napoleon by blowing up his flagship in which most of his money (including treasures seized from the Knights of Malta) was stored. Yes, being thrilled by someone beating Napoleon two hundred years ago is an embarrassing thing.

Work was good; I'm now officially managing people again (or, at least, it's been announced, and it will happen as soon as the changes take effect on an HR level), but please rest assured that my recent research into Napoleon's career is solely for my romance novels and not because I intend to manage as some sort of wannabe demigod who intends to be the next Alexander the Great. Although, the idea of that does have promise...I wonder if my team is ready to march toward the Ganges? I probably need to do some team building before that, or at least raise the funds to buy plane tickets instead...but it's no hill for a climber, as they say in southern Iowa.

I left work a little after three so that I could make it to the city in time for my bang trim and my brow waxing. Once I resembled a female of the species again, I ran a few errands downtown, then came home and went out for dinner with Terry. We went to Nettie's, so I got the fancy wine and fish tacos that I wanted last night, and that made me v. happy.

And now I'm going to go to bed and not set my alarm for the first time in a couple of weeks - wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: