Tuesday, April 16, 2013

every second of the night i live another life

Sadly, I must go to work early tomorrow. In some ways it's sad that I have to go to work at all...but not really. I actually really like my job, and I'm excited about it. I just wish that I could sleep for nine hours every night and still get everything done that I want to get done. But until my ambition decreases or my hourly productivity rate increases, I suppose that's not really physically possible.

Anyway, today was good; I worked from home a bit in the morning to avoid traffic, and got into the office around 10:30. Then I slogged all day; I only had two meetings, which was nice, so I was able to get some other stuff done. Then I met up with Terry at Fiesta del Mar for a roommate dinner; it was good to catch up, and, no offense to Terry, even better to drink a margarita and stuff myself silly with chips. Yes, my priorities are skewed, and yes, I know this is why I will die alone (but with a well-marinated liver).

I did no writing today, which is a shame - but my ideas are still exciting even in the light of day, so I'm planning to get some writing in tomorrow despite today's lapse. Or perhaps I won't write and instead will order my stupid postcards/bookmarks/business cards/swag/whatever. Ugh. On that note, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: