Wednesday, April 17, 2013

walking on broken glass

I had so much that I intended to do tonight...but after my shuttle ride home took over two hours, I was in no mood for any of it. It's a shame, too; my day was actually pretty lovely until that happened. Of course, it took an hour and twenty minutes to get to work this morning, and spending 3.5 hours in traffic in a day makes me question all of my life decisions and why I'm part of this city/rat race/corporate world, etc. Not good, particularly since I actually enjoy the city/rat race/corporate world at least some of the time.

But my day was otherwise good; I had a bunch of meetings that were quite productive, and I had a lovely lunch break with John (where we accidentally sat down right next to someone we used to know in college, but we left without him seeing us (although that's debatable, since it became clear right at the end of our college experience that he had also noticed us all along and had possibly mocked us just as much as we had mocked him)). It all would have been totally great if I had gotten home at 6:30ish as I had planned. Instead, I got home at 7:30, then had a surly dinner at Roam (with a subpar glass of wine - but I wrote the first three lines of Prudence's book, so I suppose that's something). And then I tried to design a trading card for my new book, but I threw in the towel - although I really need to order something tomorrow if I'm going to get it in time to take to my event in Milwaukee next week. Damn. That's all going to have to wait, though; I desperately need to sleep if I'm going to be less surly tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: