Tuesday, May 20, 2014

faithfully

I probably should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I was enjoying a somewhat-deserved night off and didn't want to cut it short by sleeping. I woke up somewhat early this morning, wrote for an hour, and then worked from home until ten, when I drove down to the glorious south bay to see Alyssa. She wasn't as brutal as she could have been, but I haven't been feeling particularly well (I have a headache that just won't die), so I appreciated her restraint. Then I showered, grabbed some food, grabbed some more food (yay multiple cafes), and had meetings most of the afternoon. When I wasn't in meetings, I was dealing with frustrating interpersonal issues between coworkers, which drains my energy like no other. Of course, maybe it's my towering rage at some interpersonal issues that saps my energy - the poor woman who had the misfortune of having her one-on-one with me after a particularly frustrating event had the pleasure of watching me rip all the nail polish off my nails in an effort to do something with my hands and try to get my rage under control. Heh.

But that all sounds horribly dramatic when it's really just an tempest in the teapot (albeit a tempest that appears to have the staying power of a thunderstorm on Jupiter). Still, I was done done by fiveish, and so I left the office, spent altogether too much time in traffic, and got home starving and not particularly calm. So I ordered delivery and read a book for a couple of hours. The book isn't completely up my alley, but I'm enjoying it well enough, and it was better than doing email. Then my friend Grace called to ask some questions about Scottish aristocrats (as one does), and we ended up catching up about our last days in New Orleans, which was hilarious. And now I must sleep so that I can attempt to be a better person tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: