Saturday, May 17, 2014

i won't fall asleep

Today was a v. long but ultimately pretty fulfilling day. I woke up at some reasonably respectable hour (not really), had breakfast, and did day job stuff until close to noon. Then I went down to the lobby and gave away a couple of books and tried to write (but failed). However, the afternoon got much better; I was part of a workshop involving a burlesque dance instructor, which was super fun, and then I went straight to another workshop on building a sticky readership (not sticky like burlesque - sticky like willing to buy your next book). I may have looked a little ridic since I was still wearing my short black dress and red feather boa, but it was all good.

But after that, I stowed my stuff in my room, switched into something a little more comfortable, and walked across the street to pick up [censored], who is in town for [censored]. It just so happens to be his [censored], so we went out for a celebratory sibling dinner - celebratory partially because it's the first time we've been together for one of our [censored]s in I don't know how long. We had dinner at Dickie Brennan's, which was super delicious - my ribeye was awesome, as were the side potatoes, and [censored]'s prime rib was to die for. I also had a Sazerac, mostly because I felt like I should. Then we walked around the French Quarter, admired the talents of some drummers, walked along the Mississippi, and ended up at Cafe du Monde, where I made [censored] eat [censored] while I drank cafe au lait and dreamed of days of past gluten glory.

However, we packed it in early since [censored] [censored] and I wanted to go to bed. But instead of going to bed, I spent the last five or six hours messing around with the epub for my second book; I'm doing a price promotion thing next week and wanted to update the files so that they have better links to my other books, and I can't really put it off much longer. I got them done and uploaded to the big three vendors, but I'm going to wait on the other two so I don't screw something up in my exhaustion. And I really need to sleep since I have to get up and sign books and do all sorts of other fun things tomorrow - goodnight!

2 comments:

Censored said...

Geez, now the whole world knows what I ate for supper last night. It's like you have absolutely no respect for my privacy!

Sara said...

OMG, I'm so [censored]!