Thursday, May 29, 2014

you're gonna wish you could go back and fold

I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I'm still coming down off my workaholic buzz. I woke up around six this morning and made it to the shuttle so early that I was on campus by eight a.m., which should be criminal. Once there, I ate a v. strange breakfast and slogged from eight to four (plus the hour I slogged on the bus, so that was totally respectable). Oh, and I took a break to have an Indian lunch with my coworkers, which was fun (even if some people crashed and threw our table reservation off) and boss-approved (he had told me yesterday to focus all my efforts on something, then spent today trying to convince me to go bowling after lunch, so I am tres confused).

sssanyway, I got a lot of work done, although it's never enough, and I felt perfectly happy leaving at 4:15 to drive back to the city. As soon as I got here, I dropped my stuff in my room, changed my clothes, and walked out into the late afternoon sun to meet Kathia for a writing date. We probably had about as much wine as we had words, but that was fine; she's on deadline and I'm trying to be, so we were both pretty good, but we're both clearly over the whole deadline thing. Then I came home, talked briefly to Terry, came upstairs, and did day job stuff for the last hour.

And now I must sleep; tomorrow I must make a massive push for the day job, then pack so that I can go to New York on Saturday for a week-long writing retreat, during which I must write a book. Hahahahaha. Stab me now. Goodnight!

No comments: