Sunday, May 18, 2014

the piano's a melancholy soundtrack to her smile

I must go to bed immediately - I had a v. uneventful trip home, but I spent the entire plane ride + the last two hours working (on my own stuff), and I really desperately need to sleep if I'm going to make it into the day job in the morning. Today was good, though; I woke up ridiculously early and had [censored] with [censored], then went back to my hotel and slept for another hour and a half. Thus rejuvenated, I got up again, showered, packed, checked out of the hotel, and stowed my bags so I could get some lunch. I successfully procured the peanut butter bacon burger at Yo Mama's, which had been on my list of things to try - it was actually really really good, all appearances aside. Then I bought a pair of shoes and a necklace that I'd had my eye on all week at a couple of the shops near the hotel, retrieved my bags, went to the airport, called my parents, and boarded my flight.

And now I'm back in California for at least five nights - ooh la la! Goodnight!

No comments: