Wednesday, July 08, 2015

i can see it coming, i can see it come for miles

I had a decent enough day, I suppose, but getting up early to train with Alyssa kind of threw me off my game. Not that I got up that much earlier than I've been getting up, but it turns out that morning is my most productive time (I hate myself), and so I didn't get anything done before seeing her (although the workout might have been better than usual). Then I showered, had breakfast at Joanie's, checked my mail in Palo Alto, and was home by 12:30.

Theoretically that left me the whole afternoon to write...but I don't do that well in the afternoons. And I needed a nap. So I took a nap, then messed around on the internet, then dragged myself to the cafe with the intention of writing, but I mostly did business-type stuff instead. By five I figured I was never going to accomplish anything (and some brogrammers were being particularly loud, which I found particularly annoying), so I came home with the intention of doing nothing tonight.

But happily, I was lured out of my hermitville and back into productivity by John, who was working at Cafe du Soleil and gave me a heads up so I could join him. This accomplished two things: a) I got to see John, and b) I got the glass of wine I'd been wanting but couldn't have at my cafe. So we caught up for a bit, and then did an hour of work (finally - no new scene, but I made some progress on my thinking), and then we had a late dinner at Thep Phanom. All in all, this was quite delightful, and I'm glad we got to spend some quality time together before I go to NYC and he moves to Berkeley and we never see each other again (okay, maybe "never" is a strong word).

Now, though, I need to sleep so that I can get up in the morning and seize my productive time like it's meant to be seized. Goodnight!

No comments: