Wednesday, July 15, 2015

walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn

I'm leaving for NYC in 2.5 days, so I really need to get cracking on all the stuff on my to-do list. Today was pretty good for that, though; I woke up early this morning (much earlier than I actually got out of bed, thanks to a weird alarm situation going on outside, but I bitterly stayed in bed until seven out of sheer spite), and I went to the cafe for an hour and a half to write/scribble in my journal. There was more scribbling than writing, but I'll take what I can get. Then I said hi to Hugo (we are ships crossing in the night, or rather, at dawn, since I get there before he does), came home, packed my bag, and drove to the south bay to see Alyssa.

I thought my workout wasn't all that hard, but she said, v. mildly, "I'm interested to see how you feel tomorrow" - and based on how my back is feeling, I'm slowly beginning to put two and two together. We deadlifted for the first time in a couple of months (many reps at 135lb), and then we did cleans and presses. She also had me try pressing the 16kg kettlebell for the first time, which was a jhoke; I can do a 12kg with no problems, but adding 4kg was more of a jump than I expected. So I look forward to seeing what new and strange tortures she's going to add to get me to the 16kg press...

...but that's a torture that I won't have to deal with for a couple of weeks. After we trained, I showered, grabbed a salad, drove home, and took a nap. Then I stopped at Philz for a coffee before going downtown to my salon, where they worked on making me more ladylike for my conference. That means my brows are now tamed (and no longer white), and my hair has been cut (although the blowout won't last, obvi).

And then I came home and spent the last three hours working - I had to figure out what I'm packing, and I did some pricing stuff for my books that always takes forever (with more to do tomorrow after some of today's changes go into effect), and I registered for a conference in Hawaii next year (because, obvi, it's Hawaii in February, which is waaaaay better than San Francisco in February). And now I need to sleep so I can repeat all of this again tomorrow, with more work and less deadlifts. Goodnight!

No comments: