Thursday, July 30, 2015

friend of the night

I'm exhausted, likely from a combo of jetlag and mental/physical exertion, but I am happy with what I accomplished today (I know, I never say that, check my temperature). I woke up early and was at the cafe by 7:20, so I had a couple of hours to work on Rafe and Octavia in relative peace. Then I took a long break to go to the south bay and train with Alyssa - I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks, but I survived the workout, and it was great (as usual) to see her.

After that, I showered and then had lunch at Joanie's since the cafe at the gym is closed - I'm going to have to come up with alternatives, since the cafe that will replace it prob won't have the salads I usually get. Then I came back to the city, took a nap, wrote in my journal (I'm trying to do this most days again, since it's good for me even if it feels weird to take a break from writing by doing more writing), and finally dragged myself out of the apartment and back to a cafe for another three-hour work stint.

It all paid off, however; I finished writing a fifteen-page outline of the latest version of Rafe and Ava's story and sent it to my editor, so hopefully she can give me the go-ahead that this version is actually a winner and that I won't want to keep pulling my hair out and screaming every ten pages. And I felt good that I actually met my self-imposed deadline for sending this...there is hope for me yet.

After I finished that, I ate a salad, came home, and spent a couple of hours unpacking / doing laundry. I haven't totally put everything away, but I'm getting close, and it will be nice to have clean clothes even if I really wasn't feeling the laundry situation tonight. And now that I've done everything on my list for today, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: