Monday, February 15, 2016

kiss me hard before you go

[editor's note: I wrote this last night but it didn't publish (I think there was an html error related to using the less-than sign) - apologies to any of you who were desperately seeking a recap of my day!]

It's nearing three a.m. in San Francisco and my night took an unexpected turn...it feels like I lived two days in one, which seems to be happening to me lately. I woke up this morning in Hawaii and was v. v. sad to be leaving - but was made slightly less sad when the gluten free toast at the hotel had mold on it (which I discovered after I'd eaten a couple of bites). So maybe it's time to cook for myself again.

But I successfully packed, ate breakfast, and then called my parents while sitting on my balcony for the last time - it was too early to get great sun at the pool, so I just enjoyed the view of the ocean while talking to my mom. Then I scurried to the airport, and I got there really early because I heard that the line for security yesterday was 30+ minutes - but I checked my bag and got through in less than ten. So that gave me time to eat a proper lunch (sushi) while talking to my dad.

The flight was uneventful - no turbulence, no drama, and totally on time. I alternated between dozing, writing, and combing through my to-do list to figure out what I absolutely must get done this week (turns out there's a lot, and that doesn't take into account the fact that I'm going to southern California on Thursday and don't have all that much time in which to get stuff done). My bag showed up almost immediately after I got to the baggage claim, and I was one of the first people into the taxi line, which meant I made it to my apartment less than forty minutes after getting off the plane, which is a total record.

But I didn't stay here - Katrina was hosting a Valentine's party for single people, and even though being single isn't something that is currently stressing me out, I decided that it would be good to go (#yearofyes and all that). So I came to my apartment, threw my bags down, changed into fresh clothes, powdered my nose, and ran out the door to catch a lyft to her neighborhood. The party was super fun, and we eventually continued it at Page (down the street).

But now I need to sleep - Vidya and I left at one and came to Grubstake, which is conveniently located between us and is also fucking delicious. So we shared some cheese-covered potato skins, and I had scrambled eggs on top of that, and it was perfect. And now I'm home, and falling asleep while I type, so I'll spare myself some embarrassment and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: