Sunday, February 14, 2016

appreciate your service, but i'd only hurt you, sorry

My Hawaiian odyssey is coming to an end. I'm sure you're as disappointed as I am since you don't get to read any more posts about how fancy I am -- and so you're just going to have to hate me based on hearsay and impressions of my resting bitch face, rather than on actual posts from tropical locales.

sssanuwau. I'm suddenly way waaaay too tired to blog, and I need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to get up and pack and take care of things and maybe lay out by the pool before my flight. But today was quiet - I spent the morning by the pool with Christie before she left for San Diego, and then I took a break from my sun worship to have a late lunch with a woman who works for Kobo - this wasn't conference related, but rather something we set up when we realize we'd both be around today. We went back to Duke's (for the third time, for me), and I don't regret the repetition - my pulled pork sandwich was delicious, with the perfect sauce on top of it to make it delightful.

Then I came back here, spent another couple of hours by the pool, showered, and scribbled in my journal while eating shrimp tots and drinking Seghesio zin at the bar (they let me take my final glass to go, which is a key sign of civilization/disaster). And so I finished up my night on the balcony, dreaming of my next beachy vacation and slowly starting to contemplate and prioritize all the work I need to do to get me there.

But that's all you get for now - tomorrow night I'll be back in SF, where the hardcore slogging will begin in earnest (although I have a wedding to go to next weekend, so I won't be suuuuuper diligent immediately). Goodnight!

No comments: