Thursday, February 18, 2016

love don't hear no more, no i don't fear no more

Today was mostly great, with a sideways turn into even greater, but that sideways turn means that tomorrow is going to be chaotic and crazy and I hope I can make it out of my apartment in time for all that I need to do. I had intended to go to bed early tonight, get up at five, and drive to socal - but since it's almost midnight and I haven't packed yet, that seems like a fool's errand.

However, today was worth it. I woke up around nine, took care of stuff around the house, showered, etc., and then did a couple of hours of work from my dining table. I also made myself a delicious omelette, which always makes me feel both fancy and hermity. Then I drove to the south bay for a writing date with Anne and Barbara - we met an hour earlier than usual (1pm instead of 2pm) so that we could talk about advertising stuff. We're all trying to implement the things we learned in Hawaii, and talking through it and sharing tips is so so helpful.

Eventually Poppy joined us, and we stopped talking about ads and got some writing done (what I wrote went well, but it wasn't nearly enough). Then I came home while enduring the awful traffic (it's raining today, which makes it brutal), ate some yogurt, changed my clothes, and walked down to the Mission to meet up with John and Charu for drinks and music at Amnesia. I should have taken a cab - it was only sprinkling when I left, and I was determined to walk and get some exercise before my upcoming weekend of partying, but there were a couple of sudden downpours and the forty-minute walk left my totally soaked (like, I could wring water out of my jacket).

Still, despite never totally drying out, it was a really fun night. There was bluegrass-ish music going at Amnesia, and I had a couple of glasses of wine and we talked about all sorts of fun things. Then we warmed up and nourished ourselves with soup at Mau - I had the beef pho, which was extremely delicious, and warming up with broth and beef was exactly what I needed.

After eating, Charu left so she could go to bed, but John and I continued down the street to another bar (Sycamore), where I had a third glass of wine, which was enough wine to loosen my tongue to the point that I confessed that 'Sahara' is one of my favorite movies, so I'm pretty sure I'll never hang out with him again. But it was all fun, so #noregrets. Then we parted ways, I had a delightful lyft back to my apartment, and now I need to sleep immediately - I think I'm better off going to bed now and getting up early to throw some stuff in a suitcase, but we'll see whether this is a good plan when I get to San Luis Obispo and discover that I brought nothing suitable for a wedding. Wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: