Tuesday, February 23, 2016

monday left me broken, tuesday i was through with hoping

I woke up this morning in Guerneville...or, to be more accurate, I woke up every hour last night in Guerneville, and I woke up for the final time around seven a.m. The bed was comfy and the cabin was quaint, but my body is beginning to rebel against my blatant misuse of my liver, and I don't sleep well in strange beds. Also, I am covered in bruises of indeterminate origin and blisters from wearing a variety of shoes I don't usually wear and bug bites from Hawaii and itchy skin from too much accidental gluten. So it's well past time for me to detox and drink water and sleep and hope that my body forgives me for this latest round of abuse.

However, #noregrets. I had an awesome time at Steph's wedding, and Ritu's tasting yesterday was super fun and super delicious. But this morning I was pretty surly, and it would have been for the best for everyone if I could have some alone time - but instead, Chandlord had to suffer through a ride back to SF with me in rush hour. She survived, though (she was alive when I dropped her off, so if something happened to her today, I didn't do it). And then I came home, stared at my laptop for a little bit and did some tracking for a promo I had going (my first book is free and I ran an ad for it that got it into the top 20 free books on Amazon and Apple, so that's good).

But I really couldn't focus well today. So I went to Sweet Maple and had brunch - amusingly, I ran into my two favorite servers from Tony's cafe, since Tony is closed on Tuesdays and we were all cheating on him. The coffee did a little bit to revive me, as did a stop at the Japanese stationery store to buy some washi tape (necessities that no one thinks are necessities but me and Japan). But when I got home, I still took a long nap, which did even more to restore me.

Then, I was going to write, but my brain still felt foggy, so I did a thorough cleaning of the apartment (everything but vacuuming), and then I did email/business stuff for the last couple of hours. And now, I'm going to take the unprecedented step of going to bed (my own bed!) totally sober and totally early, and hoping I can get nine hours of sleep so that my brain wakes up ready to write. I've got four weeks to finish this book, so it's time to be in it to win it. Goodnight!

No comments: