Wednesday, February 24, 2016

master of disaster

Ritu is gone, and February is winding down, and I'm staring at the wide swathes of empty space ahead of me (aka three weeks in March before I go back to visit the fam in Iowa) and getting excited about refocusing and finishing my book. The last few weeks have really been pretty ridiculous, all in all...and while I don't want to stop the ridiculousness, I also should probably do some writing since that was what I was born to do (okay, maybe I was born to drink wine, but I doubt it).

sssanyway. I woke up feeling pretty good this morning - it's amazing what sleep and water will do for you. So I took care of some work type things this morning, and I ate an omelette and took a shower, etc. Then I walked down to the Mission to get my bangs trimmed - this satisfied my need to be able to see through my hair again, and also satisfied my need to feel like I am still able to walk places and do things even though I really just wanted to take a nap.

Once my bangs were done, I grabbed a delicious cobb salad at Grub (I've never been there, but I walked by on my way to get my bangs trimmed and saw someone's salad and coveted it, which is a sign of how malnourished I am since normally I would have ordered breakfasty-type foods there instead). Then I went to Ritual and wrote for a couple of hours, which was productive and delightful and I wish Ritual wasn't a 45-minute walk away.

But I was forced to have fun again - Ritu and Bill were leaving tonight, so we made plans for one last hangout session. We met up for drinks at ABV - the first time we went there, Bill screamed at me and the waitresses and everyone else because he was already drunk from another excursion, but he and Ritu were sober tonight, so we had a much more lowkey time. John showed up as well, and then Vidya came, and we should have left immediately to go to Adit's, but we instead were assholes and stayed at the bar and had another drink.

But we eventually walked to Adit's, where Claudia was waiting for us, and we said a brief hello to the baby, who was looking v. cute but was also perturbed that we interrupted his postprandial peace (I don't know if anyone considers post-breastfeeding to be postprandial, but I'm gonna roll with it). We also said a brief hello to Priyanka, who may have also been perturbed, which we deserved because we were half an hour later than we said we would be.

Then we all went over to Mama Ji's, which is a Chinese place, where I quite likely had accidental gluten again. And it was delicious and entertaining - even more entertaining when Adit used my phone for something and then trolled a bunch of people I never talk to by liking their transactions on Venmo (ugh). Also, we discovered that Ritu's official title is Master of Disaster, which is so accurate that I'm now upgrading her to her own personal tag on zee blog. Congrats, master of disaster!

Then Ritu and Bill said their sad farewells and went to the airport, and Vidya went to dance, and Claudia went home, and Adit went to see the baby (and by that I mean raise the kid for the rest of his life). John and I had intended to see Zoolander II, but were sidetracked by these dinner shenanigans, so I think it might happen tomorrow instead (it sadly needs to happen soon, because it looks like the movie is terrible and will probably exit theatres v. shortly). So I came home, considered doing some work, and am instead going to go to bed and work tomorrow - goodnight!

1 comment:

riturani said...

Yessss!