Wednesday, February 17, 2016

she's a runner, rebel and a stunner

I need to go to bed immediately - I didn't get enough done this morning, so I just worked for the past three hours, and now the morning is going to come all too soon. But I let myself sleep in this morning, which was probably a good thing since I was so exhausted yesterday. And then I spent the morning sending some emails and taking care of some business, and finishing with the unpacking and organizing of my apartment so that I can spend tomorrow preparing to leave it again.

Then I walked down to soma to visit my salon and get my eyebrows waxed - I had intended to drive to save some time, but it was a gorgeous day out, and walking through the Tenderloin is somehow less stressful than driving through it (albeit smellier on a warm day like today), so I walked instead. On the way home, I stopped at Jane on Larkin and wrote for a couple of hours - it's slowly coming together, and it needs to come together more quickly if I'm going to meet my deadline (which I am - I'm pretty committed now), but today was a good start after ten days away from it.

Then I got my nails done - since I'd gotten gel for the conference, I had to get it removed, and I got it put back on so that my nails look spiffy for the wedding I'm going to this weekend + the conference I have in SF next weekend. And then I came home, sat on my couch, and didn't do much.

But the night took a turn for the better - I met up with Chandlord, Katrina, and Annie for a girls' night out. This makes it sound like it was impromptu, but it took close to a month to organize because Annie was out of town and then I left. We had a v. lowkey dinner at an Afghani place a block from my house, and then we went to R Bar, where I had a surprisingly tasty margarita that did nothing to dull the pain of inadvertently seeing the last few minutes of the ISU/Baylor game. But we talked about books and boys and other ridiculous topics, and it was all quite delightful.

Then I came home, and I wanted to go to bed, but I instead spent the last three hours updating ebook files and metadata and prices on all the retailers - I have a promo coming up next week that I really needed to do some prep work for today, and I think I got through all of the mandatory stuff. I still want to update my website and do some cleaning up of review quotes + book descriptions for the books that aren't part of the promo (since if the promo goes well, people will look at buying the other books). But I at least took care of the pricing and metadata stuff that had to happen to make the promo go off smoothly.

But that took three hours, and now my eyes are crossing and I need to sleep. There are things about the writing job that aren't all that glamorous, and metadata updates are one of them - but I'm glad I got it done. And now, goodnight!

No comments: