Wednesday, February 03, 2016

i'll be your sinner in secret

Today felt like a long day, but that may have been because I was slightly hungover this morning and never really hydrated enough to recover. However, I got out of bed at a reasonable hour, made some iced coffee, and talked to my parents for over an hour - there was a lot to recap from the caucuses, which I found fascinating (they had the best turnout they've had in years, including a bunch of people who switched parties, which I found v. interesting). And it made me kind of wish that I could participate in the Iowa political process, even though I am generally happy that I live somewhere where I can vote without being in danger of getting snowed in at the same time.

After that, I spent most of the rest of the morning on the couch with my laptop. I took a break to make an omelette for lunch, and then I took a nap, and then I packed my gym back and went to San Mateo. I did some kettlebells + enough squats and lunges that I'll probably be sore tomorrow, and then I cleaned myself up and went to Philz to work.

However, before I went into Philz, I made an impromptu call to Katie, and I somehow caught her at a time when she was able to talk, so we caught up for quite awhile. Then I sat at Philz and worked for an hour. By this time it was almost seven p.m., so I had to pack up my stuff and go to dinner - I met my friend Amber, who is both a romance writer and an Episcopal priest, which fascinates me.

So, we talked about a wide variety of romance/religious topics over dinner at Three (seafood risotto for me, which was tasty), followed by a drink at Grape and Grain (the bar Joann and Jen and I went to earlier in January). This was all great, and we spent three hours talking, but by the end I suddenly realized that I needed to leave immediately or I would perish.

So I came home, and now I need to sleep - I have two days in which to do everything I need to do before Hawaii, and I'm suddenly (as in, just this very moment) realizing that that's not nearly enough time. So if I say tomorrow that I procrastinated, please punch me. Goodnight!

No comments: