Tuesday, June 28, 2016

always on the run from captain hook

I have a million things to do, but I'm going to go to bed and start cracking on them in the morning. Rafe and Octavia's book finally releases tomorrow, but people who preordered it have started receiving the content tonight, so it's fully out in the wild and ready to be read by all and sundry. This is exciting, even though it's my sixth release and so I should, at some point, get used to it. But I'd rather stay enthused and excited and happy for release days, rather than getting jaded - so I intend to work tomorrow, but I also intend to drink rosé on the patio and enjoy the sunshine.

Today, however, was not a rosé kind of day. I spent the morning talking to my mom and doing some work, and the end result was that I left half an hour later than I should have for my afternoon activities (which were entirely sibling related). My first stop was my sister's house - I only had an hour, and we didn't really talk much because her mother-in-law and friend were there for the first forty minutes I was, and then I felt bad when I had to disappear shortly after they left. However, the friend told a story about breaking both bones in her leg and then having to get over a five foot fence to go to the hospital (she broke it by going over the fence in the first place), which was gruesome and worth the price of admission.

But I had to leave because my second errand was one I couldn't be too late for - I went up to see [censored], and he wanted to introduce me to [censored] before [censored]. After we accomplished that, we checked out [censored], which makes me incredibly bitter that he only [censored] for [censored], which isn't even a decent [censored] in San Francisco. But it was a great move for him and well worth the [censored], especially since he can [censored] himself over the next few months.

Then we had [censored], where I ate my weight in [censored]. And then, after seeing [censored], he dropped me off at my car, and I drove home (an hour and twenty minutes, but I grabbed an iced coffee from the Starbucks in the Hy-Vee grocery store in [censored]'s town, so I survived), and then I did some work (mostly stalking my sales pages) while trying not to watch "Zoo" on CBS.

And now, I need to sleep so that I can promote the hell out of this book tomorrow - you can get me off to a head start by buying a copy if you feel so inclined (ebook is available everywhere; paperbacks should be available by early next week). Goodnight!

No comments: