Wednesday, June 15, 2016

i'm so reckless when i rock my givenchy dress

I'm at that point where I'm suddenly falling asleep typing, which is very much no bueno when I'm editing the final draft of the manuscript, so I'm going to bed. Today was pretty good, all in all -- I still have a shit ton of writing to do (yes, that's an official measurement), but I was fairly productive, and fairly happy with where things are headed. So I guess that's something?

I spent the morning working from home, and right around the time I was contemplating whether to shower and what to feed myself for lunch, I got a text from Julie asking if I was around and wanting lunch. She was working from home today, so we dashed down Polk and met in the middle - we went to Miller's East Coast Delicatessen, where I had a turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread that made me much happier than whatever I might have dredged up from the back of my fridge. It was also lovely to see Julie, of course - now that I know she's occasionally nearby for lunch, I need to make this happen more often.

Then I went to Contraband and worked for a couple of hours, with some success (would have been more success if their country music playlist wasn't unexpected and intensely grating early on, but that was probably why I was able to get a table there - once the playlist mellowed out, the place filled up). Getting out of the house also gave me a chance to run errands (dry cleaning, groceries, etc). Then I came home and bailed on the friendship renewal dinner plans I was supposed to have tonight (they would have involved driving to the south bay, and probably would have taken five hours all-in, which I couldn't afford even though I really wanted to see the people involved).

After I did some laundry and ate some supper (an Amy's enchilada, because I am so glamorous when I'm on deadline), I spent the rest of the evening writing on my couch and got a couple more solid hours in. And now I need to sleep - tomorrow needs to be at least as productive as today, but I hope I can up it even more. Goodnight!

No comments: