Monday, June 27, 2016

you might think i'm crazy, but all i want is you

I'm exhausted and meant to be in bed two hours ago (story of my life) - today was a decent day that ended in a raging headache, and I think sleep is the only thing that will cure me. I got up and had breakfast with the parents, and then I did a couple of online things, and then I drove to Des Moines to run a few errands and have some hermit time.

The errands involved getting some of my jewelry cleaned - my aunt has bought me several lovely things over the years from a local jeweler, and since I was home for two weeks, I thought ahead and brought most of it with me to have cleaned. I decided to go up today even though I wasn't ready to, mostly because I figured there would be time to go back if I needed to pick stuff up - but I was pleasantly surprised that they did it while I waited (including fixing a chain that had a kink in it). Of course, giving me time to browse was dangerous, and I ended up buying a gorgeous chunky ring as a present for finishing Rafe and Octavia's book - yes, so necessary.

Then I checked out Nordstrom Rack (verdict: I hate digging through remnants, although I found a purse that I liked), and then I went to Whole Foods to stock up on the foodstuffs of my San Francisco life (mostly protein powder and almond milk, since I ordered a blender that will be here tomorrow), and I also went to a wine shop to stock up on nice wines rather than the less exciting varieties that are available in my local grocery store. And I stopped at Starbucks, thus completing my temporary reimmersion into insufferable yuppie land.

After that, I drove home, and I got here in time to have supper (tenderloins and tater tots! yum!). Then I watched some tv while attempting to work, but my head started to hurt, and I should have thrown in the towel way earlier. And when I came downstairs, I also should have thrown in the towel, but the lure of the screen is strong. So I'm going to put it away and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: