Saturday, June 18, 2016

[random spa-like pan flutes and bird calls]

I cannot come up with a lyric, which is how out of words I am. Today was highly productive, but also fairly painful - despite working fairly aggressively all day (my tracking software says I spent 6.5hrs actively typing in my manuscript, which is a lot considering I also spent several hours on Wikipedia and the Oxford English Dictionary and other sources to verify historical facts, check word usage and whether words existed in 1813, etc.), I am really not done. Maybe I'll be done tomorrow, but my heart has doubts. But we'll see!

sssanyway. I worked all day, but I did take a much-needed break to get a very-much-needed massage. I found a place a block away from me that has a nice ambiance (despite the crackheads outside) and nice prices (possibly because of the crackheads outside - crackheads giveth and crackheads taketh away), and the massage therapist was one of the best I've had in a long time. So he worked out some of the Quasimodo issues I've been developing because of my laptop usage, and my neck and shoulders felt way better after I walked out than they have in some time.

Then I continued my bliss by walking down to Philz and getting an iced mint mojito coffee, and then coming home and ordering a gluten free pizza. But the bliss promptly died after that - I worked for the last five hours straight, which was necessary but also not exactly good for continuing my post-massage healthy feelings.

Whatever. It's almost over, and I like this book better than I thought I would, and I will like it even better when it's fucking finished and I can move on with my life. So I'm going to do everything in my power to make that happen tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: