Sunday, June 26, 2016

calling in the name of love

I had a quiet day in the wilderness. My first priority was trying to catch up on sleep, which sort of happened - but I went to bed so late last night that sleeping in wasn't really enough. However, I slept until after ten, and then I spent the rest of the morning drinking coffee and contemplating my to-do list.

That turned in to working on the patio for a few hours, although I abandoned it earlier than I wanted to because there were flies bothering me (and the cats were probably happy to see me go). Then, I ended up going to Lineville with my dad - I was just along for the ride, and I also wanted a Mountain Dew as desperately as I've wanted anything recently (addictions are serious, man), and I knew I could get one in Missouri (I could have also gotten one here - and fwiw, the Mountain Dews here are never close to being expired, unlike the ones I dig from the depths of coolers in San Francisco).

So the drive was nice, and the fields are still beautiful despite the gradual browning occurring as the county slips into drought. We stopped in town on the way back and saw [censored], who [censored] so well that he should teach a class on [censored]. I was impressed by [censored], and you would be too if you needed [censored].

Eventually we all had supper, and then [censored] left, and I spent the last five hours working - answering old emails, updating my website (just the stuff that needs to be updated for Wednesday - I want to redesign the whole thing and have been playing with that, but realized I didn't want to break everything before Wednesday, so that's a project that will have to launch later), and taking care of a variety of other to-dos. Yes, I'm exciting!

And now I need to sleep - I have errands to run and things to do tomorrow, so sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: