Wednesday, June 15, 2016

what a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you

Sleep is descending upon me and I'm going to give in and go to bed....but today was great. I spent the morning working from my couch, where I got some good stuff done before driving to the Marina and seeing my aesthetician (I must groom even when at my busiest, because I'm a lady). Then I went to Caffe Union for lunch, where I caught up with Tony and made random conversation with the guys who sat at the counter with me (who were nice, but not as great as the random guys I befriended at Nectar last week, as evidenced by the fact that the random Nectar dude and I are going to have lunch when I get back from ye olde Iowa - yay for serendipitous new friends).

Then I drove to San Bruno for a writing date with Anne and Barbara. Deborah was also there - she's this other writer who they picked up while I was gone, and she is slowly replacing me in their affections. Okay, maybe that's not true. Barbara introduced me as Sara, and then Anne told her she can call me 'wampface', which she found extremely confusing - perhaps she should not be friends with Adit like Anne and I are.

sssanyway. I probably shouldn't have gone down, since I only really got ninety minutes of work in to a 3.5hr excursion, but it was good to see them and it's important for my process, so whatever. Poppy also showed up at some point, and we took a break for snacks at some point, and it was all good. But I left at four because I didn't want to get stuck in traffic like I was the other night - and meeting in San Bruno instead of San Mateo was great for my commute, so I made it home in 35mins.

Once I got here, I sent some emails, and then I cooked rather than working - I made creamy tomato soup (super delish) and a grilled cheese sandwich (on gluten free bread with organic cheese slices, which is similar and yet not similar to the grilled cheeses of my youth). The tomato soup was easy, although it took awhile, and I used the time in my kitchen to chop up a bunch of oranges and bananas to freeze for smoothies, and to clean some stuff, etc. The soup turned out perfectly, and I have leftovers for the next couple of days, and cooking always soothes me, so that was all great.

Then I settled in to write and instead lost an hour reading about animals killing humans, as one does. But I got some more work done eventually, so I'll take what I can get. And now I should probably stay up all night and write, but I think I'll do better if I start fresh tomorrow, so that's the plan - goodnight!

No comments: