Tuesday, September 22, 2026

all my worst nights are the best times

I had a v nice day in the city of sin. I got up early enough to get some work done while also drinking coffee and showering and washing some pants in the sink, and I still made it to the office by 8:30. I took a waymo to the office so I could work on my laptop while the robot drove, and I had a pretty entertaining conversation with some dude through my half open passenger window at a stoplight, so that was a real highlight. 

At the office, I worked some more, grabbed a coffee and some gluten free banana bread with Martha, and then went to the north bay to do a site visit for an event next year. We had lunch at the main restaurant on site, which was fantastic, and then we got a tour of the hotel so we could get a vibe check in advance of setting our agenda. I think it will be a v nice time, and I'm excited to go back for more than just a couple of hours. 

Then we came back to the city, dropped our stuff at the hotel, and met the rest of the team for happy hour at spark social (an outdoor area with food trucks etc). For most of us this evolved into dinner at rooh, which I always love; the food was excellent, as were the two bottles of wine some of us split, as was the company (I sat next to Geoff, Emre, Trevor, Timothy, and Ali, and it was all v hilarious). I also realized that I should be writing a book because I can probably convince my coworkers to buy several thousand copies if I play my cards right. And I would have kept going, but everyone was losing steam, and I suddenly realized that if we didn't leave immediately we would get screwed by the ending of the Giants game, so I bounced abruptly. 

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: