I've had a v nice weekend and now I'm enveloped in San Francisco's fog, which is a good way to end my Sunday. On Friday I slogged all day and much more diligently than I wanted to, and then Mom and [censored] and I went to Seymour for steak (partially because Mom likes it, partially because I didn't feel like cooking). We saw our usual staff + a bonus baby, and we also went to the cemetery to pick up floral saddles before the end of the season, so that was all quite nice.
Yesterday, I got up fairly early for a Saturday, made coffee, and did some desk work. Then I ran out to the barn to see Mom (the barn was open this weekend for the Iowa Barn Association fall tour) before running back into town to catch the parade. It was the town celebration this weekend, and as an elected public servant I felt I should be there. The parade lasted approximately eight minutes, and then [censored] and I talked to various people about various things (but mostly the gas station). [Censored] got a tenderloin from the fire department - I heard later that they sold like 260 tenderloins - while I deferred to my gluten issues and got a baked potato loaded with pulled pork from the (only) food truck.
All in all, I was pretty impressed with the turnout and organization - they also managed to pull off a car show that had close to forty cars, which was impressive for a first effort. Unfortunately the weather was not very cooperative, but there was no rain for the parade, so it was all good.
Then [censored] and I walked home and I spent the afternoon procrastinating and attempting to force myself to pack. I also made dinner (taco salad), and just as we were eating, the weather radio went off - and we decided to put my car in the garage, which required moving a bunch of stuff, which was too bad.
But we survived the night, and after watching some TV and cleaning things up,I spent the rest of the evening packing. Today was more of the same - I packed, did a bunch of gardening and tidying etc, and then drove to the airport.
Now I'm falling asleep, but I should add that I'm currently safe in SF afterì me to only be ten minutes late to family dinner. Dinner was accomplishedat Clementina with Adit, Claude, and Vidya, and it was quite nice.
And now I must sleep immediately - goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment