Tuesday, September 15, 2026

take me to your best friend's house, going 'round this roundabout

I have nothing to report - I've been pretty locked in at work the last couple of days, which is convenient since it's been rainy and generally unpleasant outside, but I've been too busy to mourn the passing of summer. Not that summer is actually over - my tomatoes are still going, and when there was a break in the rain yesterday it was 77 degrees, so I was able to sit on my balcony for an hour after work. But still, the weather is a harbinger for how I will feel when fall properly arrives, and I'm not exactly looking forward to being seasonally depressed.

Anyway, yesterday was a whole bunch of work, and then I said goodbye to [censored], and then I sat on my balcony before eating some leftover steak + a baked potato and generally chilling the rest of the evening. Today was more of the same - I got up early and did some writing, then slogged all day. I took a break in the early evening to have a chat with Heather (aka dear respected madam), whom I hadn't talked to in ages, and so it was nice to catch up. Then I ate a leftover hamburger with two ears of sweet corn (yay), scrolled a bit, and then managed to pry myself off the internet and write for an hour, which felt great.

And now, I need to go to bed to see if I can repeat the same feats tomorrow or if I am destined to crash - goodnight!

No comments: