Thursday, March 22, 2007

much brighter than all this static

My anger subsided to a slow burn today, which was enough to get me through 12.5 hours in the office, followed by a break for some Easy Mac, followed by working from ~9:30pm to 1:30am. I watched 'Love Actually' in the background, followed by a bit of Letterman, followed by Craig Ferguson. I *adore* him; he spent much of his routine tonight doing his druid equinox dance, which was a parody for that stupid 'My Humps' song by Fergie--but instead of 'my humps', he was singing, 'my henge, my henge, my lovely lady hinge'. He also discussed how he left the movie '300' all fired up by the dialogue, and that he screamed 'tonight we dine in hell! or the olive garden!' He's just so classic - I wish that watching him didn't mean that I had been working until after midnight, since I only seem to see him when I'm so busy that I'm still awake when he comes on.

Other than my temper, today was a fairly decent day; I pulled off a talk for about a hundred people (I didn't talk, I just organized the talk to have someone from our mergers/acquisitions department speak, which was fun), and I managed to get my emails back down to manageable (in other words, <35 emails that still require my immediate attention) levels. Now I should go to bed, as I have to be back in the office at 8:30 - and I have meetings straight through from 8:30-6 without even a break for lunch, so we'll see how cranky I am by tomorrow night. Goodnight!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you've been listening to a lot of James lately??